Dr. Tian Dayton is a senior fellow at The Meadows and Director of The New York Psychodrama Training Institute, author of fifteen books including, Neuropsychodrama in the Treatment of Relational Trauma, The ACoA Trauma Syndrome: How Childhood Trauma Impacts Adult Relationships, Emotional Sobriety: From Relationship Trauma to Resilience and Balance, Trauma and Addiction: Ending the Cycle of Pain Through Emotional Literacy, Heartwounds : The Impact of Unresolved Trauma and Grief on Relationships, , The Living Stage: A Step by Step Guide to Psychodrama and Experiential Therapy, The Magic of Forgiveness… She is a Huffington Post blogger and creator of innerlook.com.
Films and Videos include:
The Process: A 73 Minute award winning docudrama that uses Psychodrama to tell stories of Addicts and ACOAs
Psychodrama and Trauma Resolution Training Tape, a compressive psychodrama training tape illustrating the effect of unresolved trauma on the personality and its resolution through psychodrama and sociometry available through tiandayton.com
Tian Dayton has a masters in educational psychology and a PhD in clinical psychology and is a board certified trainer in psychodrama and a licensed Creative Arts Therapist. She is aalso a certified Montessori teacher. Dr. Dayton is the director of The New York Psychodrama Training Institute where she runs training groups in psychodrama, sociometry and experiential group therapy. She is a nationally renowned speaker, expert, and consultant in psychodrama, trauma and addiction and has served as their director of program development for eight years.
Dr, Dayton was on the faculty at NYU for eight years teaching psychodrama. Dr. Dayton is a fellow of the American Society of Psychodrama, Sociometry and Group Psychotherapy ASGPP, winner of their scholar’s award, the President’s award and editor in chief of the Journal of Psychodrama, Sociometry and Group Psychotherapy and sits on the professional standards committee. She is also the winner of The Mona Mansell Award and The Ackermann Black Award. Dr. Dayton has been a guest expert on NBC, CNN, MSNBC, Montel, Rikki Lake, John Walsh, Geraldo. For further information log onto www.tiandayton.com
- The Soulful Journey Of Recovery 2019
- Recovering from Trauma Workbook: A Journey of Healing for Addicts, Adult Children of Alcoholics (ACoAs) and Trauma Survivors 2016
- One Foot in Front of the Other 2014
- The ACOA Trauma Syndrome: The Impact of Childhood Pain on Adult Relationships 2012
- Emotional Sobriety 2008
- Getting in the Christmas Spirit: A Gift of Inspiration for the Holidays (Sweet Symbols) 2007
- The Living Stage 2005
- Chicken Soup for the Recovering Soul 2005
- Modern Mothering: How to Teach Kids to Say What They Feel and Feel What They Say by Tian Dayton (2005-12-01) 2005
- The Magic of Forgiveness: Emotional Freedom and Transformation at Midlife, A Book for Women 2003
- Journey Through Womanhood: Meditations from Our Collective Soul 2002
- Trauma and Addiction: Ending the Cycle of Pain through Emotional Literacy 2000
- Heartwounds: Role of Unresolved Grief and Trauma in Relationships 1997
- The Soul’s Companion 1996
- The Quiet Voice of Soul: How to Find Meaning in Ordinary Life 1995
- The Drama Within 1994
- Forgiving & Moving On 1992
- Daily Affirmations for Parents 1991
- Drama Games: Techniques for Self-Development 1991
Jan 28, 2020 - Video
Letting Go in Layers: Allowing Grief to Transform into Renewed Energy for Life
This is nothing fancy. Letting go of grief is natural, that’s what tears are for or wailing wells, funerals and rituals of all kinds that encourage...
Feb 8, 2019 - Video
Psychodrama: Everyone Has Their Own Story, and Everyone Needs Their Own Stage
Dr Tian Dayton is one of the early pioneers of Psychodrama and widely acknowledged as a leading global expert on the practice, theory, and...