Sound Healer, UK Addiction Treatment Centres
Independent NonMedical Prescriber, UK Addiction Treatment Centres
Head of Admissions, UK Addiction Treatment Centres
Group Treatment Lead, UK Addiction Treatment Centres
The use & misuse of psychoactive substances and it’s treatment has been present from the beginning of time. This presentation aims to instigate new insight amongst the audience about psychoactive substances and their history.
The core of this session will focus on:
- New Substances - Warning Signs & Intake
- Changing face of detoxification and treatments (i.e shorter episodes; less funding available): Detoxes & Pharmacology Available
- Recovery is Possible - From the 1st Contact to Treatment: Assessment; Therapeutic Programmes Available (12 Step; DBT; CBT; MI; EMDR; Solution Focused Models; & Other Relevant Psychological & Psychosocial interventions); Treatment Modalities Available (Rehab; Dayhab; Counselling; Recovery Coaches; 1-1 Bespoke)
- Family Support
The session includes a 20/30 minutes Gong Bath taster experience. Sound Healing is an excellent treatment/therapy that has been around for thousands of years - the first known culture to heal with sound are the Aboriginal people of Australia, approximately 40,000 years ago. Time will be allocated for questions from the audience at the end of the presentation.
1. The audience will be given an understanding of the changes in detoxifications and the treatments for substance misuse used in modern society. This will include the New Psychoactive Substances (NPS) and it’s warning signs.
2. The audience will have a better understanding of the variety of treatment approaches available for substance misusers.
3. The audience will have an understanding of the ways that different approaches can compliment a balanced recovery.