(This photo is one of the many images included in Mind the Voice and is the creative image that is behind the poem “Trust” in this new collection.)
Today the book, Mind the Voice, written by Paddy Creedon, one of the host's of iCAAD Dublin 2019 - taking place on 29 Jan 2019, is being launched in Dublin.
Paddy Creedon counts himself as one of the lucky ones with a lifetime of recovery from the illness of addiction behind him. Along with a commitment to remain sober, a day at a time, he continues to be a passionate and grateful recovery advocate for people who suffer with all addictions and their loved ones. His work brings him into daily contact with people in active addiction and their families. His mantra is “once anyone asks for help endless possibilities open up for everybody” . His mission is to end the shame, stigma and denial that still hinders and stops people and families asking for that help.
Paddy discovered a love for creative writing some years back and on the recommendation of the Kerry artist Olive Stack, he started to attend creative writing classes. At the same time he began to pen a few lines together that developed into poetry that came from the heart. He has a particular urge to write sonnets and much of his work is in this form.
He now has two books of poetry published with all proceeds going to the RISE Foundation.
His first book of poems, a joint venture with the Listowel artist Olive Stack, called ‘Mind the View’ raised €5000 for the RISE Foundation.
The Rise Foundation, a registered charity, was founded by Senator Frances Black in 2009. Their mission is to support families impacted by a loved one’s addictive behaviour through awareness, education and therapy, and to combat the associated shame and stigma. The wonderful team at the RISE Foundation provide 1:1 Counselling services, a ten week awareness and educational programmeme with follow up aftercare. The Foundation receives no government funding and relies on fundraising initiatives to keep its services up and running.
‘Mind the Voice’ is a unique gift that carries with it a deep sense of people, places and parting.
The Card/Gift combination, suitably priced at €20 (includes packaging and posting) consists of:
1. A 28 page easy to read book of poems written from the heart.
2. A custom-designed book mark adding a touch of personality to the offering.
3. A CD with the poems in spoken word format sits along with some ‘sing a long’ tunes.
4. The musical arrangements are by Derek Cremin of Shabby Road Studios in Dublin
5. Each poem comes with a beautifully crafted art image/photo: The images include works by the American artist Emily T Andress, Listowel’s Olive Stack, Tarbert’s Johnny Mulvihill, Belfast’s Shane McVicker, and Athea’s Jim Dunne.
6. All the artists have given of their time and work on a pro bono basis
7. Details of the corporate package are as follows –
• 25 copies , all signed, €350 including delivery
• 50 copies , all signed, €700 including delivery
• 100 copies, all signed, €1400 including delivery
This gift can also be purchased online by:
1. Log into https://give.everydayhero.com/ie/paddy-4
2. Pay €20 via this secure link – includes the cost of packaging and postage to anywhere
3. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your address details and this gift will be posted from Tarbert to wherever it needs to go.
4. The corporate package can also be processed using this secure link and just email to Paddy as above.
- iCAAD and The Gruben Foundation present Dr Philippe Wuyts at Cape Cod Symposium on Addictive Disorders, Sept 16, 2018
- The Cabin Group’s Gender Responsive Addiction Treatment Programmeme Supports International Women’s Day
iCAAD Online 2020