The Priory Group
Priory is the leading independent provider of behavioural care in the UK.
We organise ourselves into three divisions – healthcare, education and children’s services, and adult care services – which together support the needs of more than 30,000 people every year.
Our purpose is to make a real and lasting difference for everyone we support.
Priory is dedicated to helping people to improve their health and wellbeing. We understand that in order for people to achieve high quality clinical and educational outcomes they need individually tailored programmes, suiting their specific needs.
The Priory Group has established an unrivalled reputation for delivering a real and lasting difference for its service users.
Priory currently treats more than 70 different conditions through a nationwide network of over 420 facilities that support service user’s health, care, education and specialised needs and include:
- Mental healthcare (depression, stress, anxiety) hospitals and clinics
- Addiction treatment (Alcohol, drugs, gambling)
- Rehabilitation and Recovery Services and neuro-rehabilitation facilities
- Medium and low secure facilities
- Specialist schools, colleges and children's homes
- Adult care services
The Priory Group was created in 1980 with the purchase of the Priory Hospital, Roehampton by an American healthcare company. The Roehampton site has been in continuous operation since its launch in 1872 by psychiatrist of great distinction, Dr William Wood. Over the following decades Priory acquired more hospitals and diversified its services. In 1993, Priory moved into specialist education services with the purchase of Jacques Hall Foundation, then an adolescent therapeutic community, in Manningtree, Essex.
Our network of high quality facilities allow us to offer joined up care pathways. We offer programmes which integrate healthcare, therapy, specialist and education services that are tailored according to individual needs in an appropriate setting. Our integrated strength is that we can provide a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency services.
In 2014 we opened our first Wellbeing Centre in Fenchurch Street, London, and acquired the Castlecare Group, one of the UK’s leading providers of local authority funded children’s services. Castlecare, part of our Education and Children's Services division, delivers high quality services across children’s homes and specialist schools. In September 2015 we acquired Life Works, one of the leading addictions and behavioural health hospitals in the UK. Life Works joins Priory Healthcare to continue supporting people with mental illnesses. In December 2015 we acquired Progress Care, a leading provider of specialist education and care in Lancashire. Progress' service for young adults became part of Priory Adult Care, and its children's service joined Priory Education and Children’s Services.
In February 2016, the Priory Group formally became part of Acadia Healthcare, one of the leading providers of behavioural care in the world.
On 30 November 2016, Priory merged with Partnerships in Care, a UK-based healthcare company owned by Acadia. This saw 66 sites, with a total of 1,890 beds, join Priory.
On 14 November 2017, Aspire Scotland joined our Education and Children’s Services division. Aspire provides education and care to young people aged 8 to 18 years with complex needs. 30 residential beds across 7 children's homes and a day school joined the division, as well as a café and member’s gym for both students and the general public.Our purpose and behaviours
The behaviours we aspire to are:
- Putting people first. We put the needs of our service users above all else.
- Being a family. We support our colleagues, our service users and their families when they need us most.
- Acting with integrity. We are honest, transparent and decent. We treat each other with respect.
- Striving for excellence. For over 140 years, we have been trusted by our service users with their care. We take this trust seriously and constantly strive to improve the services we provide.
- Being positive. We see the best in our service users and each other and we strive to get things done. We never give up and we learn from our mistakes.
Click Here to view website