The Laurel Centre
· Understand the ways in which the abuse has affected their lives (consequences of victimization).
· Identify and deal with feelings related to the abuse.
· Examine their beliefs about the abuse and about themselves to alleviate guilt and shame.
· Identify their strengths and survival skills and celebrate them.
· Identify self-defeating behavior and bring about change.
· Develop and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
· Feel better about themselves and develop a sense of dignity and self worth.